Monday, September 17, 2012

Movie Screenings

Something I've recently discovered, and John and others have enjoyed with me, are movie screenings. They're when a company wants to get buzz about their movie out prior to the release date, so they hold screenings in certain cities and theaters. Well, it's totally free (sometimes you get free concessions, too) and you get to see the movie before everyone else (but who cares about that, I said free, right??)

My first one was in the spring through Crowdtap.com, a social media survey/brand sites. However, the sites that most big-name movie screenings go through is Gofobo.com. I have fallen in love with this site and have already seen a good handful of movies, just after 2 weeks! I've seen Trouble with the Curve and Won't Back Down and will soon see Hotel Transylvania, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, End of Watch, and Chasing Mavericks (from Nickelodeon.) So check out Gofobo or let me know if you want to see Hotel T (I have 2 passes left) on Sept. 22 at 11am in Royal Oak.

Update: Again, you can't go wrong with a free date night :) Many of the Movies shown are in 3D and we've been suprised with a few Imax ones as well. My most favorite find so far? Seeing The Hobbit a week before it came out. Seriously, take a few minutes to poke around the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover